ValidID - Terms and Conditions
WEBSITE TERMS AND CONDITIONS for www.ValidID.co.uk
Please read these terms and conditions carefully. They may have changed since your last visit to this site. By using this site you are confirming your acceptance of these terms and conditions along with any changes we may make to these terms and conditions. You should not use this site if you do not accept these terms and conditions. Professional Office Ltd reserves the right to vary these terms and conditions in any way and at any time it sees fit.
- SITE ACCESS
- All users have access to the public pages of this website without having to register any details with us. However, particular areas of this website will only be accessible if you have first registered and then logged in. Further pages and functionality will only be available once you have subscribed to our service and are logged in.
- Our website has been designed and created with modern browsers in mind. (Browsers are the programs you use to access the internet such as Internet Explorer, Firefox and Chrome) As such we do not support older browsers in particular Internet Explorer version 6. As time goes by older browsers will cease to be supported. It should be noted that having an up to date internet browser is vital for security of using the internet and security of your machine so, for your own benefit, please always keep you browser up to date.
- Professional Office Limited, reserves the right to request users supply evidence of ID and address. This evidence will take the form of a certified copy of a passport and or driving licence, other documents may also be requested to satisfy our requirements. Failure to comply with these requirements could mean the limitation or termination of the users account on our system.
- USE OF WEBSITE
- You are permitted to use our website for your own purposes and to print and download material from this Website provided that you do not modify any content without our consent. Material on this website must not be republished online or offline without our permission.
- The copyright and other intellectual property rights for all material and certain functionality within this Website is owned by Professional Office Ltd or our licensors and must not be reproduced without our prior consent.
- Subject to paragraph 2.1, no part of this Website may be reproduced without the prior written permission of Professional Office Ltd.
- For the avoidance of doubt our system is a one account per company system. You are not permitted to set up sub users beyond the scope of staff within your company. The sub user section is for the sole and exclusive benefit of the registered company/account holder. Sub users are not to be used for the supply of further accounts to any third parties without prior written consent from Professional Office Ltd.
- Authorised users only are permitted access to the system.
- SITE UPTIME
- We take all reasonable steps to ensure that this Website is available 24 hours every day, 365 days per year. However, websites do sometimes encounter downtime due to server and, other technical issues. Therefore we will not be liable if this website is unavailable at any time.
- This Website may be temporarily unavailable due to issues such as system failure, maintenance or repair or for reasons beyond our control. Where possible we will try to give our visitors advance warning of maintenance issues but shall not be obliged to do so.
- Screening of client data is suspended when a sanctions list update is in progress.
- VISITOR CONDUCT
- When using this website you shall not post or send to or from this Website any material:
- For which you have not obtained all necessary consents;
- That is discriminatory, obscene, pornographic, defamatory, liable to incite racial hatred, in breach of confidentiality or privacy, which may cause annoyance or inconvenience to others, which encourages or constitutes conduct that would be deemed a criminal offence, give rise to a civil liability, or otherwise is contrary to the law in the United Kingdom;
- Which is harmful in nature including, but not limited to, computer viruses, Trojan horses, corrupted data, or other potentially harmful software or data.
- We will fully co-operate with any law enforcement authorities or court order requiring us to disclose the identity or other details of any person posting material to this website in breach of Paragraph 4.2.
- LINKS TO AND FROM OTHER WEBSITES
- Any links to third party websites located on this Website are provided for your convenience only. We have not reviewed each third party website and have no responsibility for such third party websites or their content. We do not endorse the third party websites or make representations about them or any material contained in them. If you choose to access a third party website linked to from this Website, it is at your own risk.
- If you would like to link to this Website, you may only do so on the basis that you link to, but do not replicate, any page on this Website, and subject to the following conditions:
- You do not in any way imply that we are endorsing any services or products unless this has been specifically agreed with us;
- You do not misrepresent your relationship with us or present any false information about us;
- You do not link from a website that is not owned by you; and
- Your website does not contain content that is offensive, controversial, infringes any intellectual property rights or other rights of any other person or does not comply in any way with the law in the United Kingdom.
- If you choose to link to our website in breach of Paragraph 5.2 you shall fully indemnify us for any loss or damage suffered as a result of your actions.
- We reserve the right to ask you to remove any link you may have to this web site.
- We take all reasonable steps to ensure that the information on this Website is correct. However, we do not guarantee the correctness or completeness of material on this Website. We may make changes to the material on this Website at any time and without notice. The material on this Website may be out of date, or on rare occasions incorrect and whilst we will always make every effort to ensure the site is up to date we make no commitment in that regard.
- The material on this Website is provided without any conditions or warranties of any kind. To the maximum extent permitted by law, we provide access and use of this website on the basis that we exclude all representations, warranties and conditions which but for these Terms may have effect in relation to this Website.
- EXCLUSION OF LIABILITY
- Neither we nor any other party (whether or not involved in producing, maintaining or delivering this Website), shall be liable or responsible for any kind of loss or damage that may result to you or a third party as a result of your or their use of our website. This exclusion shall include servicing or repair costs and, without limitation, any other direct, indirect or consequential loss, and whether in tort or contract or otherwise in connection with this Website.
- Nothing in these Terms shall exclude or limit liability for (i) death or personal injury caused by negligence (as defined by the Unfair Contract Terms Act 1977); (ii) fraud; (iii) misrepresentation as to a fundamental matter; or (iv) any liability which cannot be excluded or limited under the law of the United Kingdom.
- GOVERNING JURISDICTION
- This Legal Notice shall be governed by and construed in accordance with English law. Any dispute(s) arising in connection with this Legal Notice are subject to the exclusive jurisdiction of England and Wales.
- Membership to ValidID.co.uk may be terminated by either party at any point by giving 1 months’ notice in writing at the registered user/companies address.
- In the event of termination by either party Professional Office Ltd will maintain the data on its servers for 90 days, unless otherwise agreed and notified in writing.
- After 60 days Professional Office Ltd will write to the registered user notifying them that their data will be purged from the servers after 30 days. It is the users’ responsibility to ensure that this data and the resultant audit trail is sufficiently backed up to an alternative location.
- Professional Office Ltd accepts no responsibility for any loss of data during and after this period.
- Refunds for membership or credits can only be made if not been used. Refunds for membership fees may be made at the discretion of Professional Office Ltd, but will be made on a pro-rata basis only.
- RIGHT TO REFUSE MEMBERSHIP
- Professional Office Ltd and its representatives reserve the right to refuse membership to any individual or company. Professional Office ltd is under no obligation whatsoever to discuss this decision with that company or individual.
- FAIR USAGE POLICY
- Professional Office Ltd operates a fair usage policy regarding the use of our services, including but not limited to, the free re-screening of client data against the sanctions list. We reserve the right to vary, restrict, suspend or terminate a membership if their usage of the system adversely affects the services we provide to others.
- Professional Office Ltd is registered for VAT, (GB 185 3325 02) therefore unless stated otherwise all prices will be subject to VAT at the prevailing rate.
- OUR DETAILS
Our business’s name is: Professional Office Ltd
Our business address is: 45 Market Street, Hoylake, Merseyside, CH47 2BQ
Our contact details are: 0845 652 6767